Overthrow can be played in Single Player (SP) or Multiplayer Co-Op (MP) modes, however we recommend hosting a LAN game for single player for a better experience throughout.
Single Player / Hosted multiplayer
- Subscribe to the mod in the Steam Workshop
- Make sure to also install the base requirements: ACE3 and CBA
- Start Arma 3
- Go to Multiplayer > Server Browser in the Arma main menu
- Click on "Host Server"
- Click the "Host Server" Button
- Choose a map, Overthrow is officially available on the Tanoa, Altis and Malden 2035 maps.
- Choose the Overthrow mission for that map on the right side
- Click play
- Click on the "Host" position and then "OK"
- You will see an Overthrow menu, click on "New Game" and then "Start Game"
- See Getting Started for some tips on how to start overthrowing
Main Article: Dedicated Server Setup
Overthrow is optimized to run on a dedicated server and a good one will provide the best play experience. See The Arma 3 Wiki for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't I play in Single Player anymore?
Single player has a lot of issues atm, mostly to do with respawning. We simply haven't had the time to look into it but plan to in the near future; after which Single Player mode will be reactivated.
Another mod you have loaded is causing a problem, remove all of them apart from ACE, CBA and Overthrow then try again. You can re-enable mods one by one to find which one is the issue.
Known mod incompatabilities:
- RHS USAF